I work in a school, so at this time of year the only thing I’m thinking about is the six glorious weeks of freedom stretching out in front of me (sorry for those who don’t work term time!). I always find that the end of term approaches really quickly and before you know it, your clearing out cupboards, pulling down displays and desperately trying to keep the children from hitting the roof every five minutes.
Every year I say to myself that I’m going to make the most of it, but somehow two weeks in, I end up stuck in rut, sat in my pajamas binge watching NCIS. Not cool.
So this time I am determined to use my time wisely, whether that’s doing some DIY, spending time with friends and family, having a bit of me time or just been out and about appreciating the world.
To keep myself motivated I’ve made a list of things I’d like to do this summer and the great thing is, most of them won’t cost the earth! (Oh god, I sound like my Mum).
- Have a picnic.
- Learn a new skill; mine is definitely going to be mastering the art of manual shooting!
- Take a walk in the countryside & stop for a pub lunch.
- Do some DIY; whether that’s a huge makeover or adding/up-cycling items in a room to give it a fresh look.
- Give blood.
- Visit the coast/nature reserve.
- Watch a musical; either in a theatre or curled up at home where no-one can hear you belt out your favourite song.
- Host a BBQ.
- Have a movie marathon with your friends.
- Look for local festivals near you; food ones are always good to wander around!
Let me know if you have any ideas about staying busy during the summer…